600 footfalls. 79 Frames. 50 Shutterbugs. 5 media coverage. 3 Days of Fun. 1 City. 1 Mind. That was FRAMES OF MIND 08, an annual photography exhibition organised by Bangalore Photography Club (BPC). More about the exhibit.
When 50 fellow shutterbugs from across Bangalore, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chennai share the frames here, i was heavily motivated to be at the venue on all 3 days (August 29-31). Raghu, Chitra, Arul, Sowmya, Akshath, Jeetsen, Deb, Ram, Deepika, Varun, Pallavi, AyAshok, Vinay, Ayan, Vinayak.. the list goes on.. and on. Happened to meet every single soul at the venue with Full of LIFE and Sharing the views is always Good.
79 frames, including 2 photo stories were chosen by a 4 member Jury, from the tonnes of pictures submitted by shutterbugs for the event. Though the event of this stature involves lot of time, coordination and support within the organising team, it was a great show by Mayur and team. HATS OFF. The event managed to sell 14 frames before they called it a close. That was a GOOD deal. The Best parts were phototalks given by Mr.Sethuraman of Pixetra (On basics of Photography) and Mr.Ryan Lobo, a photojournalist and film maker (On Photo documentaries).
Whats this FOM for me? Seriously My Views..
1. An opportunity to bring fellow shutterbugs from bangalore and across.
2. An avenue to relate a face with the JUST flickr id.
3. A place for some FUN and MORE Energy, which will keep you running.
1. Helped me to meet up with old friends. (One of my friends used this venue to invite people for her wedding).
2. Get to know new friends. New Names. New Thoughts. (Networking Sessions?)
3. Gave me Tonnes of Energy. Hmm.. Please wait for a month or so… I’M THERE with MY VERSION OF an EXHIBIT in BANGALORE.
Thanks FOM. Thanks Team.